(January 17, 2015) Day 12 – Sports cash splash
Galaxy poll – 52pc to Labor
- Steven Wardill reports, “Annastacia Palaszczuk could become the state’s accidental premier with the LNP losing the battle against a massive protest vote in key seats across Queensland.”: Galaxy poll shows Labor in with a good chance of winning Queensland election.
News, opinion and analysis
Ashgrove – Sporting groups get more cash
- Kim Stephens reports, “Premier Campbell Newman was feeling the heat in more ways than one in his Ashgrove electorate on Saturday morning”: Newman feels heat as poll figures make sticky subject.
- Kim Stephens reports, “The battle against childhood obesity was on Premier Campbell Newman’s policy radar on Saturday, when he announced the expansion of a program designed to get disadvantaged children playing sport”: Get in the Game expansion.
— Leonie Mellor (@leoniemellor) January 17, 2015
— Shane Doherty (@ShaneDoherty9) January 17, 2015
Anti-LNP ads begin
- 25/05/14 “In a late Thursday night sitting, the Newman Government used its number to push through changes to the Queensland electoral act”: Queensland electoral act changes pass parliament prompting a LNP MP to resign.
- Joshua Robertson reports, “Dr Chris Davis, who attacks former colleagues in a pre-election TV ad, warns voters to ‘be wary of sociopaths’”: Former LNP minister launches scathing attack on Newman government.
— Nine News Brisbane (@9NewsBrisbane) January 17, 2015
Anti-Labor ads begin
— Katherine Feeney (@katherinefeeney) January 17, 2015
— Comrade Troublemaker (@MinhKular) January 16, 2015
— Amy Remeikis (@AmyRemeikis) January 17, 2015