The electorate of Tangney was named after Dame Dorothy Tangney, first female member of the Australian Senate, and is at present a safe Liberal seat. It is currently held by Ben Morton a former state director of the Liberal Party.
Charlie caught up with Jill at her practice, where’s for nearly 30 years she worked as a clinical psychologist and researcher in mental health.
I want Australia to find its heart and moral compass again. I want government policies which reflect decency and compassion to all levels of society and to those in need. I want the ‘lean and mean’ style of governance of our people and our land to stop.Dr Jillian Horton
The top four issues Dr Horton is passionate about are:-
- Mental health
- Climate change
- Higher education funding
- Job Security and supporting a living wage
Please click on the below links to support Dr Horton’s campaign efforts in the WA seat of Tangney and follow #TangneyVotes on Twitter.
Upcoming meet and greet events are as follows;
- Thursday 2nd May at C15 Espresso Mount Pleasant [details here]
- Saturday 4th May Twig & Sparrow Cafe Willeton [details here]
- Saturday 4th May at C15 Espresso Mount Pleasant [details here]
- Thursday 9th May at Riley’s Cafe Mount Pleasant [details here]